Mosquitos can be a real menace in your yard or property. For the sake of your peace and that of your loved ones, you might want to look for a reliable way to keep the pesky insects at bay.
You may hire exterminators, which is fine, but will set you off by thousands of dollars season after season. Alternatively, you might decide to DIY the whole thing. That calls for an investment in one of the best backpack mosquito foggers out there so you can always have a ready-to-shoot gun anytime mosquitoes resurface.
That means you will save thousands of dollars in the long run.
While there are people who prefer handheld mosquito foggers, backpack foggers are easier on your arms. They are also a great choice if you have to work on a relatively larger area.
Best Backpack Mosquito Fogger Reviews
There are ‘not so good’ ones out there. And, then there are great brands that manufacture the best backpack mosquito foggers that make spraying mosquitoes in your yard a breeze. We want to give you the best.
So we have considered various factors, and customer reviews across different platforms to bring you some the best backpack mosquito foggers that everyone is talking about out there.
1. Makita Backpack Blower
If you really want to destroy mosquitoes in your yard, this is one of the best backpack mosquito foggers out there you might want to purchase.
The heavy-duty fogger is designed to hold up about 3.9 gallons of insecticide, making it a go-to choice when you are tackling large areas. The feature-packed Makita delivers a powerful mist spray that covers up to 30’’.
Some of the model’s best features include:
- Mechanical Automatic Decompression
- Powerful 75.6 cc, 3.8 HP commercial duty engine
- Mechanical automatic engine decompression for quick and easy starts
- Large capacity air filter – easily accessible & replaceable
- Heavy-duty shoulder straps.
- Padded back panel for user comfort.
The fogger’s mist assumes an even coverage, making sure that you not only work faster but are also not going to miss a single spot. When it comes to assembly,Makita is fairly easy to assemble, and so is setting up the fogger for the next treatment exercise. It is fairly easy to use and delivers great results on shrubs, grass, trees, and hedge – just anywhere the pesky insects might be hiding waiting to launch their attacks.
Thanks to the powerful 75.6 cc MM4® 4-Stroke engine, and a larger capacity, the manufacturer delivers a package that makes it easy for you to treat large areas quickly and without much hassle. While the fogger does an amazing treatment job, the large capacity makes it a little heavy when full.
At 70lbs when full, the backpack fogger may weigh heavily on your shoulders, making it not very good for use for extended periods of time. The heavy-duty shoulder straps, on the other hand, lower the center of gravity of the fogger, making it stable and easier to carry around.
But, if you can comfortably handle the weight, the Makita Backpack Blower will make a good choice for you.
However, you will still need to take moments off for a rest if you are doing a large area.
Overall, this is a great backpack fogger for eliminating mosquitoes. It is built to last and serve you longer. Besides, it is efficient, powerful and cleverly designed to handle your mosquito extermination tasks fairly well. However, the high quality and efficiency comes at a hefty price tag. Be prepared to pay more for better.
- Effective at destroying mosquitoes.
- Heavy-duty straps, low center of gravity for easy carrying and balance.
- Can accommodate more insecticide making it great for tackling large areas.
- Highly powerful.
- Easy to assemble, set up and use.
- Comes with durable and comfortable shoulder straps.
- Heavy when full, thus not good for use for extended periods of time.
- Can be used with powdered insecticides.
- Costs more compared to other models.
2. Invatech Italia Sprayer
Like the Makita Backpack Blower, this backpack fogger delivers a powerful spray mist covering up to 39’’ when used horizontally.
As a result, it makes it easy and faster to cover large gardens, greenhouses, orchards and vineyards. Some of the fogger’s best features include:
- Multi-purpose package – Leaf Blower, Mosquito Sprayer, Duster, Mister
- 4.3 HP Motor
- 3.7 Gallon tank capacity
- 3- year warranty
- Comes with a pressurized turbo pump
The fogger is versatile enough, and unlike the Makita Backpack Blower, it can work effectively with powdered, granule and liquid forms of insecticides. That means you are not only going to use them for mosquitoes extermination only.
You can also put them to other uses beyond mosquito control and that includes application of foliar fertilizers and weed-control. The other feature we loved about the fogger is the adaptable dosage-control system that allows users to vary the amount of fertilizer, insecticide or pesticide dispensed.
As a result, it makes it easy for you to adjust accordingly depending on the scale of the mosquito challenge and the areas that need to be done.
Like the Makita Backpack Blower, this model is pretty heavy when full and that would present a challenge to you especially if you are to cover a larger area. Unlike Mikita, however, the model is slightly ‘top-heavy’, raising the fogger’s center of gravity.
As a result, it might result in spinal instability, making it much harder to carry the unit or use it for a longer period of time. Besides, the model is a bit noisy when working. So you will need to wear noise-cancelling headphones while ‘on the job’.
Overall, the Invatech Italia Mosquito Sprayer is a great fogger. It is easy to set up and use. The large capacity makes it a great choice if you have a larger area to cover. The price point is, however, comparatively low making the product highly cost-effective.
- Effectives destroys mosquitoes.
- Large capacity making it ideal for treating larger areas.
- Great for use with powder, liquid and granular chemicals.
- Features a durable design.
- Weighs less compared to other leading models.
- Powerful spray covering up to 39’’.
- Heavy when full, thus unsuitable for use for extended periods of time.
- Noisy while at use.
3. Solo 451 3-Gallon Backpack
If you are serious about treating mosquitoes on your property, this is another great sprayer.
The fogger is similar to the Mikita, but not as expensive. What makes Solo 451 3-Gallon Backpack impressive is the performance it puts up. The fogger can reduce an ordinarily 2 hour’s spray job to a 20 minutes or so job. What’s more? The model packs pretty much the features in the Makita.
Some the best features include:
- Two-stroke 66.5 cc Solo engine
- Extra-large polymer impeller produces high air volume at a lower RPM, reducing fuel consumption and noise level.
- Single multi-function operating handle
- Features easy start, anti-vibe system and padded backrest
- Chemical metering valve allows control of chemical usage
- Comfortable, backpack carrying frame and wide, padded carrying straps with ‘click’ lock. Compact size, light weight.
However, it comes with a smaller capacity (can hold up to 3 gallons of insecticide) and less power. It is fitted with a 2-stroke engine, which delivers less power compared to the Mikita’s 4-stroke engine.
For optimum performance, the engine requires a 1: 50 fuel to oil mixture ratio. Well, that might sound complicated from a layman’s point of view. But, it’s not as complicated as it might sound on paper. However, it is something worth noting.
Overall, the Solo 451 3-Gallon Backpack is one of the best backpack mosquito foggers out there. It packs all the good features you need to get the job done. If you want a great fogger that will save you a couple of bucks from the Makita, and still get the job done, we’d recommend this fogger for you.
- Lesser capacity (3 gallons) great for carrying round.
- Slightly lighter
- Shoulder padding makes it comfortable while in use.
- Comes with a 2-stroke engine that requires a specific fuel and oil ratio.
It takes time and effort for you to get the best backpack mosquito fogger from the sea of providers out there. So that you can put your time to other equally productive tasks, we have decided to take the burden off your shoulders by reviewing the best foggers you would wish you knew earlier.
If you want a powerful, reliable, and heavy-duty fogger ideal for spraying larger areas, Makita Backpack Blower will do the trick. Be prepared, though, to pay more for the quality.
We also liked the Invatech Italia Sprayer’s spray mist coverage and versatility. It costs less compared to Makita but it is a great choice if you are looking for a fogger that can be put to other uses.
The Solo 451 3-Gallon Backpack is great if you want to spend less but still get the best bang for your dollar.
Last update on 2021-05-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API