For most of us, mowing has never been a good experience, to be honest. The damage it does to the back, and how uncomfortable it gets when hitting the rough sections of the lawn or yard, is enough to discourage you from doing it again.
Well, the whole experience has been made so much better, thanks to the emergence of air ride seats for zero-turn mowers. These seats are ergonomically designed to give you maximum comfort while you are mowing. With a smoother ride, you will definitely up your mowing game and provide your lawn or yard a more manicured finish.
With the wide range of different air ride and suspension seats in the market, choosing the perfect one can be a little bit challenging. Well, to make your work easier, here are four-seat suspension kit reviews, that will help you choose which air ride seat is the ideal one for you.
Without further ado, let’s get to it, shall we?
Top air ride and suspension seats for zero turn mowers
1. Black Talon Model Number 355000BK
To kick start our list is this fantastic black talon universal folding bucket seat. This suspension seat features a heavy-duty vinyl cover and a steel frame construction, maximum durability, and comfort.
It has a foldable backseat, making it easier to store. It has armrests and slides for maximum comfort. The seat comes with an adjustable forward and back lever, just like a car seat enabling you to adjust it to whatever angle you feel comfortable. The armrests fold inside out, which means you’ll quickly climb into your lawnmower or any other machine you have.
It also has a 3-month warranty, in case it has any faults. Are you worried about the price? Well, fret not because this seat is not only affordable but worth every dime you will have spent on it.
- Features a heavy-duty vinyl cover and steel frame construction for maximum durability and comfort
- Has a foldable back seat
- It comes with armrests and slides for maximum comfort.
- It is durable
- It is super comfortable, thanks to the additional armrests, slides, and the forward and back lever.
- It does not come with a seat belt
- Although it is said to be universal, it does not fit in some brand name machines.
Another excellent air ride suspension seat for zero-turn mowers is this Milsco highback suspension seat by Milsco.
The back of the seat is made of durable vacuum formed water-resistant vinyl on a rugged plastic frame, making it super comfortable and long-lasting.
Thanks to water-resistant nature and the slopped back design that prevents any water build-up, you can comfortably clean the seat without it absorbing any water.
Just like the name suggests, this seat comes with armrests. The amazing thing about these armrests? They can flip up, which means you can easily get on to your machine. It also has adjustable weight control and slide tracks.
The seat measures 19″ wide and 24″ to the outside of the armrests, giving it extra marks when it comes to comfortability. Overall, it measures 25″ tall, that includes the slide tracks and 22″ from the front to the rear. It has a universal mounting of 11 1/4″ wide and 11″ from the front to rear. It also comes with a 5)16″ threaded struts for easy installation.
With these measurements, it’s essential that you first check out the measurements between the mounting holes of your existing seat, to see whether this one will fit. The seat also comes with an operator presence switch and a two-wire safety switch. This seat is definitely worth its price.
- The back of the seat is made of durable vacuum formed water-resistant vinyl on a rugged plastic frame for extra durability and comfort.
- It has flip-up armrests that enable you to get on to your machine easily.
- It has an operator switch and a two-wire safety switch.
- It’s vacuum-formed water-resistant vinyl material, makes it super comfortable and long-lasting
- It has armrests for extra comfort, and they can flip up, making it easier to climb on to the machine
- It’s water-resistant nature and slopped back design, makes it easy to dry up after cleaning
- It does not accommodate a four-wire safety switch
- Some machine models may vary; therefore, you may have to drill new mounting holes if the seat doesn’t fit.
3. Seat suspension kits fit snapper pro, Ferris, cub cadet tank, big dog, Yazoo
Another great option is this seat suspension kits. This low profile mechanical suspension seat kit is designed to give you a smoother and more comfortable ride while you mow, making you mow faster and, of course, better.
The kit fits in most brand name zero-turn mowers, tractors, and any other loader machine. It has an easily adjustable weight, so you can easily adjust it to whichever angle that is comfortable for you. It also comes with a ride control and has a universal type of mounting, so it can easily be installed in most machines.
However, it doesn’t fit into some models due to annual changes. That is why it is important to check out the diagram of the suspension kit’s overall dimensions and seat bolt mounting patterns, to see if it is compatible with your machine.
Are you worried that it might take a lifetime to install it? Well, the suspension seat bolts underneath the existing seat very easily.
- Has an adjustable weight control for extra comfort
- It has a universal type of mounting, making it compatible with most machine models.
- It is compatible with most machine models
- Comes with adjustable weight control, for extra comfort
- The suspension kit may not fit in some machines due to annual changes.
4. Rotary 14845 comfort ride mower seat with armrests
This seat by Rotary company is made of a 14 gauge metal frame and sturdy vinyl upholstery material, giving you years of service, not forgetting how comfortable it is. It also features a set of armrests that gives it a plus one when it comes to comfortability.
The seat has a universal mounting, making it compatible with most Exmark, Toro, Ariens, Gravely, Bunton, and Bobcat zero-turn mowers. However, it’s important that before you purchase it, you have a look at the diagrams of the bolt mounting patterns and see whether it is compatible with your machine.
The seat measures 11″ from the front to rear and an adjustable width mounting of approximately 8″ to 9.5″.
- The seat is made of a 14 gauge metal frame and sturdy vinyl upholstery material, for extra durability and comfort
- Has a universal type of mounting making it compatible with most zero turn mower and other machine models
- Has armrests that give extra comfort
- It has a universal type of mounting that makes it fit into most machine models
- It is long-lasting
- It has armrests that make it extra comfortable
- The armrests bend out easily
- It is not compatible with some machine models
Having explored these air ride seats and seat suspension kits reviews, let’s take a look at some things you have to keep in mind when purchasing oneBuy on Amazon
Factors to consider before buying an air ride and suspension seat for zero turn mowers
This goes down as the most important factor to consider before buying an air ride and suspension seat. Of course, most of them have a universal type of mounting, but as you have read in the reviews, some models are not compatible.
Therefore, before you go ahead and purchase one, have a look at the diagrams of its bolts mountings and see whether it is compatible with your machine.
This factor applies every time we buy anything because your pocket will have the last word. When buying an air ride and suspension seat, always check the price. You can compare the prices of different air ride and suspension seats, then evaluate which one suits your budget.
It’s important to note that not the one with the highest price tag is of high quality. All of the available air ride and suspension seats in the market work just as well. The best thing to do is to go through customer reviews of different brands and see which one best suits your needs.
We all know how frustrating it is when installing anything becomes a hassle. Well, to end up with an air ride and suspension seat that is easy to install, look for one that is compatible with your machine.
To wrap it all up
Well, there you have it. With this comprehensive air ride seats for zero-turn mowers and seat suspension kits reviews, you will have an easy task of finding the ideal product for you.