One of the features that define a mower is the measure of the cutting deck in terms of inches. Continue reading to learn about the best 48-52 inch zero-turn mowers.
The size of your area will determine the type of zero-turn mower you will use to mow the ground. For instance, a 48 to 52 inch zero turn mower works best on an area of between ¾ to 3 acres; Anything beyond 3 acres will spell disaster and you might not get the results you want.
One positive aspect of the 48-52 inch zero turn mowers is their ability to mow the ground with stunning results regardless of whether there are obstacles or not. Plus, they have large tires to enhance traction on the ground while mowing.
We have taken enough time to craft this list of the best 48-52 inch zero-turn mowers. Ours is a combination of expert reviews coupled with customer reviews, so you can be sure that the contents of this post are worth reading.
Best 48-52 Inch Zero Turn Mowers– best picks in the market
#1 Ariens EDGE 52 Kawasaki® FR651 engine, ZT 2200
Now speak of quality and durability and here you have a machine that perfectly fits these descriptions. Ariens EDGE 52 is made from fabricated steel and this explains why it is sturdy. This zero-turn mower gives you quality for money. Let’s have a look at its pros and cons.
- The mower runs on a rather strong 21.5 hp, 726cc V-Twin Kawasaki FR series engine which comprises durable cylinders to give it extra power.
- The 52-inch mower deck is designed to produce an even cut on the yard.
- It is pretty easy to handle and control. Besides that, the machine can clock a maximum speed of 6 mph with an option to reverse at speed of up to 3 mph
- Excellent traction is achieved by well-designed wheels; The wheels are suitable for use on all types of ground terrain.
- You can operate this machine with your foot
- It comes with a properly designed seat to offer the user extra comfort.
- It comes with a warranty of 2 years
- It is a bit pricey
#2 Troy-Bilt Mustang 50 in. 679 cc V-Twin OHV Dual Hydrostatic ZT-2200
The market is currently flooded with all sorts of zero-turn brands, so finding the best fit for your project is not an easy task. With that in mind, let us see what features make the Troy-Bilt Mustang 54 machine unique. Firstly, this mower is suitable for use on large arrears, in addition to that, the model is powered by a strong motor which produces extra power that is needed for increased production. Other features of this machine are as discussed below:
- It runs on a powerful 25 HP Briggs & Stratton Intek Twin Cylinder Engine.
- It comes with an excellent 54-inch mower deck to enhance its performance.
- There is an option to adjust the deck height to achieve the cut you desire
- It comes with a fuel tank that holds up to 2.8 gals.
- Its transmission system is purely hydrostatic, this enables it to hit a speed of 7 mph.
- It comes fully equipped with an electrical ignition system.
- It has a comparatively comfy seat.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- It is not suitable for use on slopes
#3 Toro TimeCutter 50 in. 23 HP Model 75750. Iron Forged Deck Kawasaki Dual Hydrostatic ZT-2200 Smart Speed
This happens to be one of the most pocket-friendly zero-turn mowers available in the market. The machine is equipped with a ton of features such as armrests to give you extra comfort while working. The cutting deck is made of 10 gauge steel, this explains why it is a durable plus, it is best for use on vast grounds.
- The mower is powered by a strong 23 HP / 726 cc Kawasaki V-twin engine for better performance
- It has a strong 50-inch Iron cast cutting deck for enhanced performance
- It has a digital display system where you can control various control aspects digitally. This also allows for enhanced handling and operation.
- It has additional luxury features where you can store your personal effects(a good example is a cup holder)
- It has a fuel tank of 3-gallon capacity
- It comes with well-designed seats consisting of armrests for additional comfort.
- The mower can hit up to a maximum of 7 mph speed.
- You can enjoy a three-year warranty, however, it is limited
- You can do more work with this machine because it gives you more time as a result of enhanced performance.
- The fuel tank capacity is small
#4 Husqvarna 48 inch fabricated Great Cut: Husqvarna Z248F 21.5 HP, 726cc Kawasaki 48 inch Clear Cut Fabricated Deck Dual Hydrostatic ZT-2200
No products found.
Looking for the best zero-turn mower that produces a perfect cut? If you answered in the affirmative, then this should be your product. The mower consists of a cutting deck that is made of 20 gauge steel; It features desirable features such as armrests to give extra comfort. Below are additional details of this model.
- It comes with excellent control levers to enable it to maneuver easily.
- It runs on a powerful 21.5 HP Kawasaki engine which boosts its power to a maximum speed of 6.5 MPH
- It comes with a 3-Year warranty.
- Its transmission system is hydrostatic.
- No maintenance process is involved, so you can work on most terrains
- It features an automatic braking system that is wired to the levers for easier control of the machine.
- It has a spacious area beneath the cutting deck to allow for more room for a clean cut.
- The seat is pretty comfortable to reduce the chances of fatigue.
- It has a 10 gauge cutting deck for more durability
- It is highly-priced
#5 Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower 23hp Kawasaki FR691 Series
No products found.
If you are looking for a mower to suit your landscaping needs, then perhaps you should consider trying out this model. You can be sure of the quality and value of your investment with this machine.
The mower is built into a sturdy and powerful machine to mow large areas including estates and golf playgrounds. The machine draws its power from a powerful 23-hp Kawasaki engine which enables it to clock a maximum speed of 7 mph, this is essential to enhance its performance. Here are some of its pros and cons:
- This model offers you an excellent return on your investment
- It is powered by a sturdy and powerful 23-hp Kawasaki engine for additional power needed for control purposes
- It has a 52-inch cutting deck that works effectively to give you the results you want
- It has additional features of comfort such as ergonomic controls and a padded seat.
- It is a good pick for commercial mowing projects which might include vast estates and golf grounds.
- With this zero-turn mower, you can cover more mowing ground as a result of improved performance features.
- A speed of 7 mph implies faster working which translates to efficiency in terms of performance
- The model prides itself on a well-designed seat to offer extra comfort to the user.
- You achieve more working time because this model has a ton of features that allow you to maneuver the terrain with much ease.
- The cutting deck could be a few inches wider
#6 Ariens IKON X 52 inch 23 HP (Kawasaki) Zero Turn Mower 915267
No products found.
Ariens IKON X 52 inch zero turns to give you value for your money; This model prides itself on a ton of features such as a strong cutting deck to give your yard a clean and clever cut. Plus, it is compatible with almost all ground sizes. What is more, it is pretty durable and strong. With this model, you can forget about the effects of back pain and fatigue and work for long hours.
Not only is this mower powerful, but it also prides itself on a powerful 21.5 HP Kawasaki engine which boosts its power to a maximum speed of 6.5 MPH. This speed allows you to work faster thus saving a significant amount of time. Have a look at some of its pros and cons.
- It features a spacious deck area to allow for a clean-cut and free flow of air while mowing.
- The seat is designed to offer additional comfort to the user, so you can work for long hours without any exhaustion.
- The cutting positions are adjustable to give you the cut you want.
- Any fatigue issues are greatly reduced because it comes with a well-designed seat for extra comfort
- The cutting deck is strongly built from fabricated steel to make it more strong powerful(a 10 gauge steel for extra durability)
- Based on a hydrostatic transmission system that allows for smooth handling.
- It is powered by a powerful 21.5 HP Kawasaki engine which boosts its power to a maximum speed of 6.5 MPH.
- This mower is expensive
#7 Snapper 2691319 360z Mower, Riding, Zero Turn, Red
No products found.
Snapper 2691319 features many features which make it a good pick for use by most professionals. Apart from wielding a powerful 23-hp Briggs & Stratton engine, the model also features a fully integrated electrical ignition system for a smooth turning off and on.
This model has adjustment options for the cutting deck to allow you to achieve the desired cutting height(up to 13-cutting height adjustments); This ensures you have attained professional cutting standards. We cannot ignore a whopping 10-year warranty placed on this model, this does not only imply that the model is of quality, but it also points out the aspect of value for money, so choose wisely.
What is more, this mower is durable, so you can be sure that you will get a return on your investment if you intend to use it for commercial purposes. These are some of the pros and cons of this model, check them out!
- The model features easy to master controls to allow you to maneuver easily on any terrain
- The model is built for permanency; It is built out of strong and durable parts.
- It features a durable 48-inch cutting deck that can handle all grass types with much ease
- This model has adjustment options for the cutting deck to allow you to achieve the desired cutting height(up to 13-cutting height adjustments)
- It produces a wide range of cutting bed
- The brands slap with a 10-year warranty, this portrays the aspect of quality
- You cannot use this mower daily
- It is pretty expensive
#8 Bradley 52″ Stand-on Compact Mower Briggs Vanguard
Perhaps you should try out this mower if you are looking for extra comfort. The product features an attractive price tag, so your pocket is well catered for. This model compares favorably with other peers in the market because it possesses similar features that enhance productivity in other models.
The model features a mechanism to adjust the height of the cutting deck to give the desired cut on the ground. In addition to that, the mower features a pocket-friendly price tag to help you with your budget needs.
This zero-turn mower runs on a powerful 26HP Briggs & Stratton Vanguard Engine with Donaldson engine which gives it additional power to turn the cutting deck, allowing you to work on large arrears. Besides, it has a good fuel tank capacity, so you will not waste a lot of time refilling the tank after a short while. Below are the pros and cons of this model:
- It features a strong 26HP Briggs & Stratton Vanguard Engine with Donaldson engine which gives it extra power to cut all types of grass
- The tank capacity can hold up to 5 gallons which are enough to last you for a while before refilling
- It features well designed and responsive controls for proper handling
- You can adjust the height of the cutting deck to suit your cutting needs
- It is built from strong fabricated steel for additional strength and durability
- The start system is comparatively quick to save you time.
- It is pretty easy to operate, giving you easy maneuverability.
- The mower is built from strong steel which makes it more durable
- The maintenance procedures are pretty straightforward
- It is not highly-priced.
- The fuel tank is pretty small
#9 Country Clipper XLT
This zero-turn mower comes last in our list of the best 48-52 inch zero-turn mowers. However, it equally has a ton of desirable features which is why we featured it in this article. The machine is pretty easy to operate by using the joystick to control various aspects such as forward movement and lowering of the cutting deck. It is suitable for use in residential arrears.
Additionally, The mower has a well-designed seat to provide you with additional comfort to enable you to work for longer periods. The mower also has an option for reverse, this saves you a significant amount of time. The zero-turn features a sturdy engine that produces enough power to turn the cutting deck as well as move the machine forward.
Here is a detailed list of the pros and cons of this model, have a look!
- It features a joystick for easier control and maneuverability
- It is suitable for use in residential areas
- You can easily adjust the height of the cutting deck to achieve the cut you want
- The cutting deck is pretty strong and durable to allow you to cut thick grass.
- The machine has excellent traction, so you don’t have to worry about getting struck while mowing
- It is pretty easy to operate, with just a simple foot press you are on your way to mastering its operability
- The seat is designed to provide you with additional comfort so that you work for a longer time.
- The mower has an option for reverse, this saves you a significant amount of time
- It has a sturdy engine to give it more power for increased performance
- It is highly-priced
Best Zero Turn Mower for 10 Acres – factors to consider when buying
Let’s say you are in the store to buy your favorite zero-turn mower, or perhaps you are doing your shopping online and you are unable to make the best buying decision. At this point, most people throw in the towel and go for whatever brand they deem fit provides it does the required work.
To save you from all these mind-raking activities, we have crafted a well-analyzed list of the most crucial factors to consider to help you make an educated buying decision. Check them out!
How strong is the motor of your preferred zero-turn mower? This is one of the essential questions you will need to ask yourself before parting with your hard-earned money. If you opt for bigger models, then be prepared to spend a few more coins to get a more powerful engine.
Note that big-sized mowers require extra power to turn the cutting deck as well as move the machine around. It would be better if you considered going for models producing an engine power of more than 20-hp. Anything below 20-hp will only leave you frustrated at the kind of results you will get.
Individuals engaging in large-scale mowing will require engine power of not less than 24-hp to achieve professional mowing work. Note that you require more engine power as the size of your job increases.
Cutting Deck Width
Now that you have found the right zero-turn mower with a strong and powerful engine, it would be helpful not to ignore other aspects that are equally important. One aspect that goes hand in hand with engine power is the size of the cutting deck. Big-sized mowing machines require them to work efficiently.
Most commercial zero-turn mowers have a high engine power output, so you might want to fit a bigger cutting blade too much with the amount of power produced by the engine. This applies to other engines and cutting deck sizes.
Transmission of power
Power transmission happens in two ways; mechanical and hydrostatic. The modern zero-turn mowers operate on a hydrostatic mode of transmission to allow you to work more conveniently. Having said that, you might want to go for hydrostatic machines if you want to do a clean job.
What is more, mowers based on hydrostatic modes of transmission are known to be tough and can withstand extreme terrain while mowing as compared to those that work purely on mechanical mode.
Fuel Tank Capacity
You are not yet done if you have found your ideal machine with excellent power output and a good transmission system. You need to ask yourself whether the mower you have chosen has the required tank capacity. If you are like me, dislike the idea of having to refuel my mower after a short period of working. This is not only time-consuming, but also exhausting, so ensure you choose the correct tank capacity based on your needs.
How heavy is your preferred zero-turn mower? You need to ask yourself these kinds of questions to enable you to make an informed decision. Typically, you would want to buy a mower that is moderately heavy to allow you to turn it over if you want to perform some maintenance from the underside.
The design of the seat on your preferred zero-turn mower will greatly determine the amount of work you will do within a given time. If you are working in extensive areas, you might want to look for a seat that has suspensions to offer extra comfort.
Some manufacturers of the best quality models focus on the comfort of the user by designing a pretty comfortable seat, so you might want to spend a few bucks to get what you want.
Levers and Controls
Levers play a major role in the control of the mowing machine. Without the levers, you may find it hard to break the speed of your moving machine, not to mention the role they play in ensuring you make your turns most accurately. Leaving that aside, it would be better if you considered buying a model that features the most comfortable design of levers to ease your work when controlling your mower.
The best quality models in the market today feature a comprehensive digital display to guide the user in applying various settings such as the height of the cutting deck and diagnosing any mechanical problems that may arise while mowing. We suggest that you go for this kind of model to save you time and energy.
Most of the time, we overlook the importance of tires used on a given machine be it a car or pushed lawnmower. A good zero-turn model should have the best tires to allow for proper traction. Note that at times, you may be forced to mow slippery wet grass, so you need the best tires to work smoothly without getting stuck.
Last but not least, you should examine your preferred machine to determine whether it is well equipped with safety features. Aspects of safety to look out for include the presence or absence of killer switches and other crucial safety components.
Why a 48-52 inch zero turn is the best choice for you
You can work pretty quickly on sizable areas; For instance, you will take the shortest time to move a ground of between 1 and 3 acres.
They work excellently on Slopes
If you are looking to buy a zero-turn mower that is effective on sloppy areas, then you might want to consider a 48-52 inch machine to give you the results you want. Models in the range of 48-52 are designed to mow all types of grounds including slopes.
They produce a clean and consistent cut
The 48-52 zero-turn models can be relied upon to produce the desired cut. They feature a mechanism to adjust the height of the cutting deck to allow you to produce a professional and clean cut. What is more, they are easy to handle to allow you to master the cutting process. The models featured in this article have a strong cutting blade to give you a perfect cut.
A reduction in costs
This range of zero-turn mowers allows you to work comparatively faster and this, in turn, reduces the amount of time taken to clear a given area. The resultant effect of this is a reduction in costs incurred to complete the mowing project. Note that you will spend much less on costs such as fuel and maintenance costs making you more productive and profitable.
The cutting deck of the models we have highlighted in this post is designed to produce a perfect cut. Plus, zero-turn mowers can maneuver around obstacles to enable you to achieve a uniform cut.
Mowing pasture grounds
It is common knowledge that the more regular you can your pasture is, the faster they grow. You might want to use a zero-turn mower in this category of 48-52 to mow your pasture grounds to accelerate their growth. Be sure to mow at intervals of about 3 to 4 weeks for best results.
What is the cost of a zero-turn mower?
So, as they say, you have to cough a few dollars to acquire whatever machine you want. The cost of renowned brands of zero-turn mowers like Husqvarna ranges from anywhere between $2,800-$10,000. Of course, you will need to factor in things like engine size and model of the machine to determine the specific price for each machine.
Other factors that will most likely affect the price of your preferred mower include but are not limited to yard size and of course your budget size.
Do Zero-Turn Mowers have a braking system?
Zero-turn mowers don’t have an established breaking like the one in most locomotives. However, you can achieve breaking by using the levers on either side of the machine. To reduce the speed of your machine, all you need to do is reduce the pressure applied on the levers to a minimum to achieve breaking.
The lever controls the speed with which your mower moves; The more pressure you exert on the side levers, the faster the speed and vice versa. The lever also acts as a reverse gear by pulling it backward.
If you want to spin around in a circle, the levers will help achieve that kind of motion hence the name zero turn. This ensures you achieve an even cut on the yard.
Knowing the Different Types of Zero Turn Mowers
Zero-turn mowers have varied designs to suit different customer needs. The strength and power of the mowers vary depending on the size of the yard they will be used
Mowing needs vary among users of these machines; An individual engaging in commercial mowing activities will have different needs in terms of the mower required as compared to the one doing for personal needs.
Key Tips to Help you Maintain Your Zero-Turn Mower
You want your zero turn mower to last a little longer, so you as well consider learning a few tricks and tips about maintenance. Here are tips:
- Be sure to go through the operation manual before you start using your machine, doing this will enable you to distinguish between the does and don’ts.
- Ensure you apply grease to the moving parts of your mower regularly to enhance its performance.
- It would be best if you ensure that the cutting blades are in good shape by sharpening them at certain intervals.
- Be sure to wash your machine after every mowing activity to remove any dirt to lengthen its life.
- Always ensure you change engine oil to achieve an optimal engine performance and longer machine life.
- Ensure the tires of your machine have proper traction to avoid skidding downslope. You want to replace old tires with new ones for better performance.
- Because mowing machines rattle a lot, you might consider wearing earmuffs to shield yourself from the noise.
Knowing the different sizes of Your Zero-Turn Mower
One thing to keep in mind whenever you are dealing with a question of Zero-turn mowers is their size. These machines come in a variety of sizes depending on the size of your yard or mowing project. The sizes start from as low as 30 inches to 72 inches being the largest zero-turn mower.
Of course, the size of your area will dictate the size of a zero-turn mower you will opt to buy.
- 30 inches zero turn mower, this happens to be the smallest mower in the category of zero turns. It has a ton of disadvantages such as not being able to be used on sloped areas.
- 34-42 inch zero turn mowers: These range of mowers are suitable for use on plane grounds; they do a pretty good job in landscaping.
- 46 inch zero turn mower: This mower will give you excellent results if you are mowing medium lawns; It can also be used in landscaping activities.
- 60-72 inch zero-turn mowers: The range of mowers comprise of heavyweights. They are effective in mowing large yards, plus, they can mow all types of ground terrain with much ease. These machines are common among professionals.
Best 48-52 Inch Zero Turn Mowers– frequently asked questions
Does it mean that zero-turn mowers are meant for large yards?
No. Zero-turn mowers are available in a variety of sizes and you can buy one depending on the size of your yard. In the market, you can find zero-turn mowers that will do a perfect job on small yards. At the same time, you can find pretty big-sized zero-turn mowers which are meant for vast areas. The mowers come in a range of dimensions starting from 34 inches for the smallest zero turns to 72 inches for the biggest zero-turn mower.
Is it easy to steer a zero-turn lawn mower?
Every machine will require you to have solid experience before you start operating it. You don’t want to do messy mowing work due to reasons such as being unable to steer your mower properly. However, the modern zero turns are designed in such a way that handling them is pretty easy provided you go through a few instructions. Whatever the case, be sure to master the art of steering your zero turn mower to achieve the best results with your mowing activities.
You may find it hard to carry out your mowing activities if you don’t have the right equipment and machinery. zero turn mowers have specific features that will help you to choose one that you think is best suited to do your mowing. However, getting to decide on the best zero-turn mower to buy becomes a lengthy and complicated process if you are not conversant with the workings of these machines and the factors to look out for when making a purchase.
With that being said, it would be better to gather all the necessary information and try to learn in detail the various features of these machines for a better buying decision. On that note, you might want to go over this post a couple of times to understand better, fortunately, we crafted a list of the best 48-52 inch zero turn mowers, so you won’t have a hard time researching further.
You are on your way to make your money count if you carefully follow this guide to make your purchase. Feel free to reach out in the comments sections if you have any questions and we will gladly get back to you.